Each year we see new trends occurring in interior design, some of it is purely fashion. Often, though we see the times we live in reflected in these new directions. Lavender Cream is the Pantone colour of the year for 2023. It’s most definitely the colour favoured by many Interior Designers.
Determining your interior design layout can be an intense experience. To assist you we reprint an article here from Décortrends.com on what is in store for us in 2023
Newest Interior Design Trends 2023
Competently thought-out interior design is a guarantee of comfortable well-being and feeling of oneself while staying in it. This review will focus on the interior design trends of 2023. What interiors will be fashionable are the main secrets and what you need to know about the interior in 2023.
Interior design is an extremely important aspect in the life of all people, without exception. Therefore, it is permissible to start creating it on your own only in that situation if you have confidence in your own abilities. In other cases, it is logical and advisable to use the services of a professional designer.
Key Trends and Trends 2023
The main trends in interior design in the previous and this year can be characterized as follows. Designers highlight the main trends in modern design.
- Natural colors and environmentally friendly materials. This is especially true of apartments, houses and offices located in megacities, where forests and fresh air are sorely lacking. The trend is green and brown shades, as well as yellow and blue solutions. Among the materials, stone, wood and even straw are popular.
- Technological solutions. Modern people use more and more smart devices in the process of organizing ventilation, air ionization, space ergonomics, lighting. Large household appliances are being replaced by small electronics.
- Minimalism. Now it is not fashionable to clutter up the space with unnecessary furniture and decorations. On the contrary, it is customary to make room for a feeling of freedom and flight. Therefore, massive wardrobes were replaced by dressers, and huge upholstered furniture – simple sofas and chairs with upholstery throughout the area, light armchairs.
- Comfort is more important than beauty. First of all, this applies to furniture. No matter how expensive and rich it looks, it is important how practical and comfortable it is in everyday use.
- Diversity. Instead of buying a headset, you should consider purchasing pieces of furniture separately, while they should be small and perfectly combine with each other.
The Impact of the Pandemic on Interior Design in 2023
Key Trends and Trends 2023
Basic design decisions have changed in the wake of the epidemic that began in 2020. The psychological moment deserves special attention. The fact is that with the onset of the pandemic, many people were forced to be at home 24 hours a day, and a beautiful interior became of particular importance to them. After all, it is known that only certain colors and objects in a room have a beneficial effect on the psyche.
As for the second point, it is practical. In this regard, the following trends have emerged:
- light background, visually expands the space and gives a feeling of warmth and freedom;
- access to fresh air by organically decorating a balcony or loggia, and in their absence – a window sill;
- rounded shape of surfaces, pieces of furniture, decorations;
- unique and inimitable solutions with their own stories;
- organization of a workplace for comfortable and productive remote work.
Before starting a repair on your own or with the help of a designer, you need to pay attention to these points.
What Styles are Trending in 2023?
Interior design today is a rather controversial moment. It all depends on the personal preferences of the residents. Someone likes calm solutions, others, on the contrary, are chasing non-standard options for space design. The main thing is that every family member, being in the room, feels comfortable, his work process is productive, and his rest brings comfort.
Here is a list of the most popular styles of 2023:
- maximalism with an abundance of furniture and decorations, and in different shades, but this solution is not suitable for everyone, only for owners of spacious apartments and houses;
- minimalism with the reduction of useless parts and thinking over ergonomics;
- Scandinavian style with a minimum of furniture and light solutions;
- eco-direction with natural materials;
- Asian (Chinese or Japanese) style;
- Gothic with clear lines and the ability to create a business environment;
- baroque for connoisseurs of luxury.
Trending Interior Colours 2023
The most trending shades can be divided into 3 groups. First of all, these are light colors – white, beige, cream, etc. Neutral solutions that have a calming effect on the nervous system are in demand – all representatives of the pastel palette. And also the colors of nature – the tones of the blue sky, yellow sun, green grass and so on.
This is especially true for the floor and walls, which act as the main background of the living space and set a specific direction.
Customisation with Sulfaro
At Sulfaro we offer the opportunity to our customers to select the fabrics, the leathers, the colours and accessories they prefer. Not only can we offer the latest in fabric releases and fine leather from Australia and the World’s leading suppliers, we offer a stunning selection of materials gathered from all of the major fabric houses and premium leather suppliers for your consideration. Choose the style of sofa, armchair or full lounge suite you desire – high back or low profile, contemporary or traditional. Select the accessories you desire – buttoning, piping, skirting, studding, cushioning and lumbar support. Create the look, the feel that truly reflects your taste and your vision.
Interior Design with Sulfaro
At Sulfaro our experienced Design Team, led by Amelia Sulfaro, can guide you through the process of re-designing your home or completely furnishing your new home. We can assist you in selecting the right style and design to complement your living areas. It’s a free service available to all Sulfaro customers and clients, both private and commercial. Arrange a consultation now – simply call us on 03 9872 4608 and select a time to suit your schedule. You’re welcome to bring photographs, floor plans and information on your current colour schemes and flooring to the meeting.
Sulfaro Website – Make Your Selection
The next step is to consider the design, the style of furniture you desire. At Sulfaro we offer a superb selection of both traditional and classically designed lounge suites, sofas and chairs, as well as an eclectic range of contemporary and modern furniture – low profile, supremely comfortable with influences from the Hamptons.
The Signature Selection acknowledges some of our most popular sofas, armchairs, occasional chairs and matching accessories – luxuriant rugs, lamps, buffets, sideboards, coffee tables, side tables and more. Displayed in a delightful series of vignettes created by well known Interior Designer Amanda Richmond – visually you are sure to be inspired.
It’s worth remembering that all Sulfaro furniture is handmade, handcrafted in our modern studios and workshop to the rear of our Mitcham showrooms (in Melbourne). Each piece has been lovingly created by our Master Craftsmen and Women – all true Artisans working to exacting standards.
View our full Collection and select from our catalogue the furniture you truly desire. Whilst on our website you can simply click on any item in our Collection for a full fact sheet and alternate views, download it for a reference if you desire.
- Contemporary / Modern
On trend, modern design, sleek, low comfortable.
- Traditional / European
Elegant Classic European, timeless beauty, stunning design.
- Classic / Hamptons
Relaxed yet formal, stylish – comfort from the Hamptons.
- Recliners / Motion Suites
Pure relaxation and comfort. Sit back, stretch out, pure enjoyment.
- Decor and Design Accessories
A complete range of accessories including coffee tables, credenzas, buffets, side cabinets, lamps and much more.
Dining Settings from Sulfaro
Complete your home’s living areas with a magnificent Dining Setting from Sulfaro. Choose from very large, fully extendable dining tables, designed to seat 12 to 16 people to more compact units, designed to seat 4 to 6 people for more confined areas, such as the kitchen, breakfast nook or sunroom. Select from a full range of tabletops in glass, ceramics, marble, metallic and natural, polished timber. All dining tables are supplied with sturdy, matching dining chairs, handcrafted and finished in selected fabrics or fine leathers.
100% Australian Made, 100% Australian Owned
Sulfaro is an Australian family business and is 100% Australian owned. Master Craftsman, Santo Sulfaro, is the second generation of his family to own and manage the business, which he does in partnership with his wife, Amelia Sulfaro – the Retail Manager. Amelia has stewardship of the company’s extensive showrooms, spread over two huge stores. The showrooms are located at 650-652 Whitehorse Road, Mitcham and are open 7 days per week (see below for details).
A major point of difference is that Sulfaro is not just a Retailer but is, in fact, the Manufacturer of all furniture displayed and sold. This means that all furniture sold under the Sulfaro brand is 100% Australian made by Australian workers – Artisans, Tradesmen and Women, utilising Australian components and materials wherever possible. This is a valuable local business in an important industry sector. When you purchase from Sulfaro you are supporting both the Australian economy and Australian workers.
Visit Our Showrooms Now – Winter Sale Now On – Up To 40% Discount
It’s the right time to prepare for the upcoming Spring and Summer months. Drive out to our Mitcham showrooms now (see details below) and enjoy up to 40% on original, ticketed and hand-built and handcrafted Sulfaro furniture. With ample off-street parking, comfortable climate controlled showrooms and a myriad of exciting floor stock for you to select from, it’s time to take a seat, sit back and relax. Enjoy the supreme comfort that is Sulfaro. It truly is the Sulfaro experience – and it lasts a lifetime. Purchase now and be sitting back next week in your home on your new Sulfaro furniture. Exquisite design, supreme comfort – it’s pure luxury.
Sulfaro – it’s simply the very best.
Sulfaro showrooms are located at 650-652 Whitehorse Road, Mitcham, corner Cochrane Street, approximately one kilometre west of the Ringwood off ramps on Eastlink. There is ample off-street parking available.
Monday to Saturday 10am to 5pm.
Sunday 11am to 4pm.