There has never been a better time to purchase your new lounge suite from Sulfaro. Right now we are offering fabulous discounts off normal list prices – up to 40% on a range of sofas, armchairs, occasional chairs and accessories, superb leather recliners and an excellent selection of sofa beds. Arrange a visit to our showrooms located at 650-652 Whitehorse Road, Mitcham (details below) and choose your new furniture. Sulfaro offer a complete range of both traditional and contemporary designs – classic and refined or sleek, modern lines – select the look, the feel that meets with your taste, your vision. Buy now and you can be relaxing on your new Sulfaro sofa or armchair in a few days. Buy now and save – with Sulfaro.
Customisation – the Point of Difference
One of the major points of difference with purchasing from Sulfaro, rather than the bigger furniture retailers and franchises, is that you as the customer have the opportunity to customise your selected furniture. That’s right – you get to choose the fabrics, the leathers, the cushioning and the support you desire. You select the accessories – the buttoning, the piping, the skirting, the fringing, the timber finishing and more. Select the colours, the fabrics or leathers, the lumbar support you prefer. Our in-house Design Team will guide you through the selection process. As Sulfaro create and manufacture all furniture on the premises there is also the opportunity of meeting with our Artisans, Craftsmen and Craftswomen to discuss your new furniture and the processes involved in creating it.
Fabric Selection – The Choice is Yours
Selecting the right fabrics or leather will often depend upon the intended use of the furniture,whether its high traffic or low usage. Selecting a fabric that is both beautiful yet durable is often a sensible decision. Our Sulfaro Design team can assist you and demonstrate a fabulous selection of fine fabrics and leathers from the worlds leading suppliers available to you at Sulfaro
Here is a list of fabrics, both Natural and Synthetic reprinted from the Houzz.com.au website. It is a useful guide and we consider it reasonably accurate and useful.
- Cotton is durable and resistant to wear and fading, but not as resistant to dirt and wrinkling. Cotton can go from casual to formal depending on the weave.
- Cotton blends are slightly more durable than cotton due to the mix of additional fibres.
- Leather is durable and functional. It wears well and gets better with age.
- Linen is resistant to pilling and fading. It provides a crisp and casual look to furniture. However, it wrinkles and shows dirt easily.
- Silk is elegant and adds a sophisticated and formal touch to furniture. Due to its delicacy, it’s best for light use and requires professional cleaning.
- Wool blends with synthetic fibre for easier maintenance. It’s durable while also being resistant to pilling, fading, wrinkling and soil.
- Acetate is developed as imitation silk, and is resistant to pilling and shrinking; however, it doesn’t hold up well for everyday use due to its tendency to wear, wrinkle and fade in the sun.
- Acrylic is developed as imitation wool and may pill easily if not of high quality. However, it’s softer than natural wool, and is resistant to wear, wrinkling, dirt and fading.
- Microfibre fabric is made from polyester fibres, is similar to suede, and easy to maintain.
- Nylon is often blended with other fibres, creating a durable fabric that won’t wrinkle or soil but may fade and pill.
- Polyester is usually found in a blend with other fibres, and is resistant to wrinkling and fading.
- Rayon, though prone to wrinkling, is durable and affordable.
- Vinyl is durable and a more affordable option compared to leather.
Functionality and Reality
A clever designer will select fabric that not only looks superb but also wears well, is easy to maintain yet synchronises well with the style of the furniture and the decor and feel of the room you have selected.
Houzz advises: Neutral tones and floral prints work well in a traditional space, while bright colours and bold patterns give off a more contemporary vibe. Your lifestyle also dictates your design.
Here are four quick questions to ask while browsing upholstery fabric online:
• How long is this upholstery meant to last?
• How often will you clean and iron it?
• Where do you plan to use it – indoors or outdoors?
• Which style of furniture pieces is this upholstery meant for?
At Sulfaro our Design Team will always advise you on fabrics and their properties, recommending the best in looks, appearance, quality and maintenance, ensuring the longevity and durability matches the appearances of the fabrics selected.
The choice is yours. Let it reflect your personality, your home and your vision.
The Sulfaro Website – View our Collection
To assist you in making your selections take the time to browse our website and view our full catalogue – the Sulfaro Collection. At Sulfaro we offer an eclectic range of superb upholstered furniture – both classic and traditional as well as contemporary and modern, including the selection of Hamptons inspired sofas and armchairs for your individual comfort.
Start your Sulfaro journey, your Sulfaro experience with our Signature Selection. A series of interior design vignettes created by well known Designer Amanda Richmond, featuring some of our more popular sofas, armchairs and accessories, the result is truly inspiring and will no doubt assist you in your overall selections.
View our full Collection and each individual category to determine the design, the style, the look and feel you desire. When visiting our website,click on any image in our Collection for a full fact sheet on each selected item. Take the time to view each category as follows:
- Contemporary / Modern
On trend, modern design, sleek, low comfortable.
- Traditional / European
Elegant Classic European, timeless beauty, stunning design.
- Classic / Hamptons
Relaxed yet formal, stylish – comfort from the Hamptons.
- Recliners / Motion Suites
Pure relaxation and comfort. Sit back, stretch out, pure enjoyment.
- Decor and Design Accessories
A complete range of accessories including coffee tables, credenzas, buffets, side cabinets, lamps and much more.
Sulfaro offer a superb choice of handcrafted dining tables and chairs in a selection of polished timbers. Ranging from extendable tables designed to seat 12 to 16 people to more intimate models seating 4 to 6 people, there is an exquisitely finished table to suit your needs and preferences. With tabletops offered in glass, ceramics, metallic, marble and, of course, polished timber finishes you can choose the dining setting that best suits your taste and requirements. All tables are supplied with matching, sturdy dining chairs finished in selected fabrics and leathers.
Visit Our Showrooms Now – Discounts of up to 40%
With our current Winter Sale on now and discounts of up to 40% available on price marked and indicated items it’s the perfect time to take the opportunity to visit our extensive showrooms spread over two huge stores with a myriad of exclusive floor stock available now for your selection (see below for address details). Don’t delay – visit us ASAP. Our showrooms are climate controlled for your comfort and there is ample off-street parking available.
100% Australian Made. 100% Australian Owned Family Business
The Sulfaro family have been producing exclusive, high quality furniture now for over 60 years. Australian materials and components are utilised wherever and whenever possible. Purchasing from Sulfaro supports Australian workers – Artisans, Craftsmen and Craftswomen and their families, as well as the Australian economy. All Sulfaro furniture is guaranteed for a lifetime on all workmanship.
The Sulfaro Experience
When you purchase from Sulfaro, your new furniture has been hand-built and handcrafted to last you a lifetime. Stunning design, superb comfort, it’s a luxury you can afford. When you take a seat on your new Sulfaro lounge suite you sit back, relax and enjoy the sublime comfort that is the Sulfaro experience.
Sulfaro – simply the very best
Sulfaro showrooms are located at 650-652 Whitehorse Road, Mitcham, corner Cochrane Street, approximately one kilometre west of the Ringwood off ramps on Eastlink. There is ample off-street parking available.
Monday to Saturday 10am to 5pm.
Sunday 11am to 4pm.